These coloured wafer paper sheets have been lovingly printed in our shop. And are ideal for making mini wafer paper bows.
Our template for mini bows has been printed on one of the wafer sides, and the colour or patten is printed on both.
Being double sided means that the colour is more concentrated, and your finished decorations will have coloured finishes on both sides. This is ideal when making bows so that the inside of the loops and back ides of the ribbons are also coloured or patterned.
HOW TO MAKE THE BOW:
1. Cut out the templates
2. Use a hand steamer to soften the side loops of the bow, and fold one by one into the centre of the bow. Make sure you fold the bow so that the smooth side of the wafer is facing outwards.
3. Use a very small amount of sugar glue to stick these loops down. If you use too much the paper will dissolve.
4. Steam the base ribbon part of the bow , and fold up and over ( over the join of the two loops)
5. Pinch the top of the ribbon join, and tuck behind the bow , to create the look of the middle loop. Use a little sugar glue to stick it behind.
6. Steam the ribbons a little more until you are happy with the shape. You can also steam the bow loops and give them more movement.
Completed Bow size: Approx. 6cm wide Please note:
Due to the nature of wafer paper, the paper often can thinner and thicker in some areas across the sheet. So when block colours are printed, there can be slight variations in the overall colour in patches. This is completely normal and is unnoticeable once your decorations are made.