CREATE A STANDING CAKE SHAPE
This tutorial will take you through the complete process from carving the initial shape, right through to the completed standing cake shape.
The shape demonstrated in this online class is our 8" standing heart "Cake Shape Guides", however you can use any standing shape guide, as the principles and method are the same
What you will learn:
- How to carve and prepare your shaped cake layers.
- How to prepare and cover your guides for icing; resulting in easy guide removal as well as achieving that desirable smooth cake surface finish.
- What icing consistency and application method you need to achieve the best results.
- How to align your guides and set them in place, in order to create a symmetrical cake shape.
- How to fill, ice and stand your cake shape.
- How to tidy and fix imperfections at the completion stage.
What will you need?
- 36 minute step by step video tutorial
- 9 pages of detailed written support notes
BONUS 20% OFF codefor one time use in our store, for your supplies.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED: This course is for the process of making a standing cake shape. It does not include the cake baking process or icing recipes.
RECOMMENDATION: You can use ganache or buttercream to make your shape, however it is highly recommended to use ganache. The benefit of ganache is that it is more structurally stable. Which means once it sets, it stays set. If you are keen and want to become a ganache pro, you can take our Ganache Making masterclass.
How does the tutorial work?
Once you place your order and pay for it online, you will see a "GO TO MY COURSES" tab at the checkout. You will also be sent an email with the link.
It will direct you to the LOGIN page on our website. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one first. And then login.
Once logged in you will see the link now directs you to your course. If you are browsing on the website and need to come back to your course, there is a "LEARN ONLINE" tab on the top bar of the website. Click on this and you will see "VIEW MY TUTORIALS"
If you choose direct deposit, you won't have access to the course until we have received payment and I have marked it as paid. So if you are in a hurry, then make sure you make payment via credit card for instant access.
You will have permanent access to this tutorial, which means you can pop back into your account at anytime to watch it as many times as you like.
As always Happy Caking x